Department of Education Learners First
Department of Education - Learners First
Slider Image One
Accessibility Bar


The enrolment procedure for Tasmanian Government schools has recently changed.  As this is a lengthy process, if you wish to enrol your child at St Marys District School, please contact us on (03) 63723900 to arrange an appointment. 

At this time, you may be shown around our school, complete the appropriate enrolment paperwork, meet your child’s teacher if possible, as well as try uniforms, and have any questions that you may have answered. 

Students new to the Tasmanian Education System - If you are enrolling your child into the Tasmanian Government Education System for the first time, you will be required to provide proof of the child’s identity and age when completing the enrolment form.    

Students Transferring between Government Schools - If the student moves to another Tasmanian government school or continues on to high school or college, a new enrolment form does not need to be completed.  The student’s details will be forwarded to the new school.  When enrolling your child at St Marys District School, you will be asked to verify the student’s details, by completing a Student Information Validation Form, informing us of any address or other personal information changes as well as informing us of any medical conditions and medication requirements.  

Tasmanian School Entry Immunisation Requirements - When you first enrol your child in school, you’ll be asked to provide information about your child’s immunisation history. This should be in the form of one of the following:

  • your child’s health record book
  • an immunisation history statement from the Health Insurance Commission
  • a statutory declaration stating what immunisations your child has received, or the reasons your child cannot be immunised
  • a statutory declaration stating that you have not immunised your child because you object to child immunisation
  • Statutory declarations can be obtained from the school or the Department of Health and Human Services.

You’ll only need to provide this information once at the time of enrolment.  Any changes to your child’s immunisation status can be noted on the annual validation form, which will be sent home to you in Term 1.  You do not need to provide proof of further immunisations after the first enrolment.

Accidents and Illness - When you enrol your child, you are asked to provide medical emergency information, so that if your child is injured or becomes ill at school, we know what action you want to be taken and where you can be contacted.  The school has a number of trained first-aid officers to deal with minor problems.  For major problems we take whatever action you have outlined on the medical emergency card.  We urge you to keep this information up to date.

13 Gray Road

St Marys  TAS  7215

Phone: (03) 6372 3900